CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Car insurance's stink and Emotional Days

So a few weeks ago I was at a friends house for a Bachelor/Bachelorette Party and when we were leaving the owner of the house decided to put his wife's SUV in the garage.  I was sitting in one spot waiting on someone else to pull out and he pulled out so fast and hit the back part of my van.  So at first he said he would pay for it out of pocket until we got the quote on how much it would cost.  So he puts in a claim with his insurance company.  No problem as long as I get it fixed.  Well I took my van to his insurance adjuster and they did an estimate which was $600 less than what my body shop needs to do the repairs.  They want to use Salvage parts on my van and I do not want them on my van because they are not safe.  So we have now been arguing with his insurance company for almost a week about Salvage vs. New.  They say all they have to do is find a shop willing to use salvage parts and then their job is done.  Well the shop I go to refuses to use Salvage (which i don't want anyways).  So finally today the supervisor says he will call the Body Shop I want to use and find out why he won't use Salvage and then make a decision...We find out the Body Shop is closed till Monday...So now I have to wait till Monday to find anything else out.  All I want is to get my van fixed...I have only had it for 1 1/2 years so far and at 2 years we can trade in for a new van (with a lower interest rate) so that is our plan but if they use Salvage parts on the van it makes it so it isn't as valuable when you trade it in.  I want my full trade in value so I can get a nicer van...

I am almost 30 weeks pregnant and so emotional right now...I spent almost all day crying yesterday after hearing from them they won't readjust the price to cover the body shop...Then of course Ashlynn was being a pistol.  She didn't listen at Soccer Practice (which her Daddy is the coach).  For some reason she listens to everything he says until other kids start showing up.  I think she doesn't like not having her daddy's full attention.  Well I got upset because she wasn't listening so I had to take her to the van...I ended up crying then too.  I don't know why but I just couldn't keep myself from crying yesterday.  I have 9 weeks left till I go in for my c-section...I can't wait to meet this little guy :)

0 comments: